Thursday, September 22, 2011

Review: Moonlight

Book: Moonlight
Author: Rachel Hawthorne
Release Date: March 3, 2009
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 263
Source: borrowed from Lexie
Stars: 4.5/5
I see him and I know what this turmoil inside of me means: He's the one. My forever.

KAYLA is the nature lover, the all-American beauty who can't understand why she's so drawn to distant, brooding Lucas. Adopted as a young child, she has no way of knowing that she's inherited a terrifying-and thrilling-gene that will change her life forever.

LUCAS is dangerous, gorgeous ... and a werewolf. As leader of the Dark Guardians, shape-shifters who gather deep within the state park, he has sworn to protect his pack. But when Lucas finds his true soul mate, his love could put them all in harm's way.

As Lucas and Kayla struggle with their feelings for each other, a greater danger lurks: Humans have discovered the Dark Guardians and are planning their destruction. Kayla must choose between the life she knows and the love she feels certain is her destiny.


(summary taken from Goodreads)
MY THOUGHTS:  

Ever get that giggly feeling in your stomach when you read a really, really cute book? That's what I got from reading Moonlight. I love this book with all my heart!  

Werewolf (or shape-shifter) books are easy to find nowadays, but there are only few that actually pull you into the story and refuse to let go for me, Moonlight was one of them! The synopsis doesn't do this book justice because I started it with a hesitant mind and ended up loving it. 

I can't ask for a more perfect voice for this novel! Kayla is such a sweet, nature-loving character who I adored from page one. And Lucas is the leader of the Dark Guardians who made me sigh every time he was around. There's nothing hotter than a bad-ass shape-shifter, and there's nothing sweeter than Kayla and Lucas's relationship!  

The plot, although admittedly a little predictable, is always fun to read because of the awesome way it's written and the fast-paced plot. Moonlight is so much lighter and more enjoyable than I ever could've imagined, and I would recommend it to everyone without a doubt! :) 

BUY or BORROW?: This is the kind of book I wish I had on my shelf, because the first thing I want to do is go back and read it again! It's all the sweetness and fun without being cheesy!

-Mimi

7 comments:

  1. I've noticed this book before because of the wonderful redheaded cover, but because of your review now I have to add it to my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love those kind of books! It sounds great and I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as you did. I don't think I've seen it around much before, but you sure made me curious now! Will have to take a closer look at it. :)

    Rebecca
    Kindle Fever

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really interested in this one. I haven't read many werewolf stories. I haven't seen this book before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of this book and probably wouldn't pick it up based on the cover (I hate people staring out at me-I find it creepy). However that's the great thing about book blogs; people give reviews and it helps me change my mind and consider reading a book I had ignored based on preconceived ideas from the cover-Thanks Mimi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that giggly feeling! I think I need to read about Lucas, I'm sucker for a sexy shape shifter:) I hadn't heard anything about this book until now, so thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this one too! It was so cute!! Like you, I wanted to go back and re-read it right after finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since the girl on the cover looks like she is scared, I wasn't expecting to hear that this is the type of book that makes you feel giddy. LOL

    But this definitely sounds like the type of book for me. Thanks for the review. I hadn't heard of this book before, and now I have it on my wishlist. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving your thoughts! I love hearing what you have to say, and I always try to comment on one of your blog posts in return! :)

It's really nice to meet you!